Economic Laws Practice, Advocates & Solicitors (“ELP”) is an advisory, litigation and transactional law firm having offices in Mumbai, New Delhi, Ahmedabad, Pune and Bengaluru. With 19 partners and over 90 lawyers and professionals, ELP consistently provides high quality and commercially relevant legal advice by combining specialist legal skills and industry experience. Clients benefit from ELP’s in depth understanding of the applicable laws and policy framework. ELP has over the years successfully represented interests of various industry associations before the concerned authorities. With the growth of the Myanmar economy and evolution of its legal system, ELP would be effectively and efficiently assisting various organizations in relation to the following practice areas:
1. Corporate & Commercial, Private Equity & Venture Capital, Capital Markets & Securities law
- Advising clients on structuring of transactions, in line with applicable laws.
- Reviewing, drafting, negotiating and executing transaction documents.
- Advising and assisting in relation to regulatory approvals.
- Advising clients in relation to issues concerning protection of intellectual property rights.
- Advising clients in relation to foreign investment and exchange control issues.
- Assisting in relation to day-to-day corporate commercial matters, including issues relating to company law, employment law and land related matters.
- Advising and assisting clients on securities law related issues.
- Providing transaction related assistance such as legal and tax due diligence, capital structuring and repatriation, entry and exit strategies, advice on foreign direct investment, company law and other applicable regulations.
- Assisting in regulatory filling and regulatory compliance, reporting and ongoing monitoring issues and governance.
2. Competition Law and Policy
- Delivering result-oriented solutions to its clientele, both national and international and advising sovereign governments on competition policy issues.
- Providing clients with practical and effective guidance on the competition and regulatory aspects of acquisitions, mergers and joint ventures.
3. Banking and Finance
- Regulatory and structuring advice.
- Drafting and negotiating various financing documents such as fund and non fund facility agreements, common terms agreements and inter creditor-agreements.
- Drafting and negotiating various security and ancillary transaction documents.
- Issuing transaction closing legal opinions on the Indian law documents and capacity of Indian parties.
- Advising Indian banks in setting up representative offices.
4. Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Offering comprehensive litigation support services with expertise in various sectors such as taxation, energy, construction, infrastructure, international trade, government contracts, admiralty, insurance, and product liability.
- Representing clients in proceedings before various arbitration forums such as the ICC, LCIA, LCIA India, SIAC, LMAA, GAFTA, KLRCA, etc. and in Ad-hoc proceedings around the world.
- Anticipating, preventing, and minimizing exposure of clients to potential disputes thereby significantly reducing costs and increasing operational efficiency
5. Taxation (including direct tax, indirect tax and transfer pricing)
- International tax advisory, with specific focus on handling of cross border tax / withholding tax issues, transfer pricing, etc.
- Domestic tax advisory services which include advising corporations in relation to tax efficient structures.
- Comprehensive litigation support in relation to taxation issues.
6. Government Initiative / Policy Formulation
- Representing industry bodies before the relevant government authorities for policy formulation, specifically in relation to taxation issues.
7. Infrastructure (including real estate & construction, hospitality & leisure)
- Providing comprehensive legal solutions covering all areas of an infrastructure project, from the inception of a project through award of the project, financial close, design, investment, construction, operation and management.
- Drafting and negotiating transactional documentation which would include bidding documents, concession agreements, joint venture agreements, shareholders agreements, etc.
- Due diligence reviews, covering transactional, financial, environmental, tax and compliance related issues.
Economic Laws Practice
109, Dalamal Towers, A Wing, Nariman Point, Mumbai 400021, India
Tel: +91 22 66367000, Dir: +91 22 66371977, Fax: +91 22 66367172
Email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Person: Mr. Nishant Shah; Ms. Prajacta Jadhav