Confederation of Indian Industry in close association with the High Commission of India in Myanmar and with the support of Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Government of India organised the 2nd “Enterprise India Show, Myanamar” in Tatmadaw Hall, Yangon from 16-18 January, 2014.
Organised by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), the ‘Enterprise India’ series of exhibitions was an endeavour to provide assistance in increasing India’s competitiveness in world markets. The series of shows held overseas have consistently presented Indian Industry’s high quality goods, services and technologies in varied industrial sectors, to the world. The event was held to enhance bilateral trade and commerce between India and Myanmar by creating awareness about the business opportunities available on both sides.
Therefore, Enterprise India Show was the perfect opportunity for those looking to expand their business in the region. The show, apart from the business and commerce also provided a platform for business interaction & portrayed the rich Indian cultural heritage, exhibited through cultural events, food festivals etc.
- To promote the “Brand India” Globally.
- To provide a platform for Indian companies to showcase their strengths and capabilities.
- Enhance bilateral trade and investment by creating awareness on the business opportunities available on both sides.
- The show will also facilitate joint ventures, technology transfer, marketing arrangements as well as people-to-people contacts between the two countries.
- Provide an opportunity to network, develop business contacts & explore new markets.
- Effectively present the India business perspective and leverage business partnerships.
- Project India as Preferred Investment Destination.
- Create a positive atmosphere for scaling up ambitions and set new targets for the economic engagements.
The Exhibition was spread over an area of 2500 s.qm and included the participation of 50+ companies from varied sectors in India.
The major focus of the exhibition was on Agriculture, Automobile & Automotive Components, Construction Machinery, Education and Training, Energy Transmission, Farm Equipment Machinery, Financial Services, Irrigation, Metals &Minerals, Waste Management with leading companies like ABB, Jain Irrigation, TAFE, Crompton Greaves, Preet Tractors, Aptech, J K Tyres, Exim Bank and International Tractors etc.